Forms of hosting services
A hosting service implies depositing and/or sharing given web content on a web server managed by a website hosting supplier. There are different kinds of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's take a peek at them. In that way, you can choose what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to own a web page, mail address accounts, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution offered by given providers, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free file hosting solutions often include adverts beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a certain spell of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly false explanation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would assign the tasks at hand between autonomous sets of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various website hosting services (email, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given vendors provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you would like to share a big quantity of pics with friends or acquaintances since the service is usually free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your e-mails. Some firms provide web hosting services for sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to run a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to own a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can set up e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file generates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred visitors, you may have trouble with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video will enable you to possess as many video files as you desire without worrying about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to possess a website. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and mails, upload videos, and so on. At NTC Hosting, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that allow you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one single place. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are created for particular web content only.